Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Struggling With My Thesis

Research Question: Is preschool more effective for the development of low-income minority children than for middle class mainstream students? How and Why?
Will the preschool reform bill package, recently signed by Governor Schwarzenegger, lead to closing the achievement gap of these children?

I don't even know what my argument is regarding the preschool reform bill package. First off, I have to figure out whether or not I believe the reform bill package will help this specific group of children. Why am I having such a hard time even making a claim about the preschool reform bill package, you may ask? Well, it's because I have found NO sources on this topic except for the short, brief summaries of the 2 bills in the package. However, these bill summaries give me hardly any information to evaluate so that I may develop an argument. I need to figure this one out soon...like before Friday when the outline is due! Aahhh!

No comments: