Thursday, October 16, 2008
Research For Engagement Hours
I didn't have to do much browsing for options for my engagement hours because I already know that will be volunteering for Head Start. Head Start is a program of the United States Health and Human Services that provides comprehensive education, health, nutrition, and parent involvement services to low-income children and their families (according to Wikipedia, yes I know, a really reliable source :)). Head Start addresses systemic poverty in the United States. Since 2005, more than 22 million preschool children have participate in Head Start. I will be a volunteer in a Head Start classroom here in Sacramento. I am looking forward to interacting with the children there. I found out about this volunteer work from my Human Development class and I will also be getting one unit for it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah!!!
Post a Comment