I just posted my first ever response to a public blog(not taking into account my resonses to my classmates blogs). The blog was titled The Latino Journal and it covers policys and topics from a latinos point of view. It talked about how latino students are falling behind in their academic achievements as compared to their white peers. Provided is a link to the blog that I have responded to!
http://thelatinojournal.blogspot.com/2008/08/almost-one-in-three-of-countrys-latino.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I read the blog you posted on and I agree with it as well. As a minority child myself I went through many struggles to be where I am now. My dad was born in Mexico and my mom here. Regardless where my mother was born she is still a minority. I did not have the opprotunity to attend a preschool and I struggled throughout my elementary years. Not having a whole lot of money growing up put a huge barrier on my educational life. I moved from house to house because the income my family had was so low that we had to keep moving to places that were cheaper. I must have been to eight or nine different elementary schools alone. That was definitely hard for me because I was not in one spot to focus and learn the things that I needed to learn. I was always struggling because every time I moved I would miss so much that I never really learned anything. I had a difficult time for the longest time trying to catch up to my peers. I finally caught up when I moved for the last time in 7th grade. After the final move I had the chance to really focus and learn what was necessary for me to graduate high school and continue my long journey into college. I strongly believe that if I came from a white family or at least a higher income I would not have had the barriers that I have had thus far.
Post a Comment